Monday, July 21, 2014

Art deco Design idea

There is an Art Deco design competition coming up and I am going to be making a piece(s) for it. I was a slightly bewildered at the thought of choosing what to actually manufacture, a ring or a neck piece, a bangle, all of these could be wrought from steel. Then as i searched and searched, firstly to try and get a grasp of what "Art Deco" was. My first thoughts were that it was only "geometric and square" but I kept seeing twirly curves and not only square shapes and lines. I made the obsevation that Art Deco design style comprises of geometric shaping but also bold lines and very often mirroring symmetry. SO my search continued and I searched everything from Art Deco wrought iron gates to graphic design patterns, on thing I saw pop up every so often was the ladies fro the twenties and their headbands they would wear with their outfits. Then I had a spark that started engine, LETS MAKE A TIARA! seeing as I'm not a huge fan of extremely geometric design, I began looking at tiaras. Tiaras from medival designs and that lead me to Elvish designs, which when examined do look like some of the of Art Deco wrought work I have seen. So I am strangely excitted to get busy on this, here are some of the tiaras I've seen.




No comments: