Monday, May 5, 2014

Welding

As I reaching the end of the welding part of constructing my forge. I have taken note of the technique that I have been advised to use and have managed to produce a decent consistent bead. It always seems to happen a the end and mostly the last few welds are looking better. I am still struggling with welding two thicknesses together, it a play of adjusting the amperage and welding rod size that i need to figure out. Over all my welding experience has been a good one and started off with lots of practice. I have burned myself with hot flying flux twice and flashed burned my face ever so slightly. The technique is one of zig-zaging along the join at a steady speed. Slow enough to produce an even bead but not too slow as to melt through the piece unnecessarily. So I am learning a feel for the motion!

No comments: