Saturday, May 18, 2013

Hornbill Scrimtar knife




Here is my knife for the arrows exhibition, using a two wood handle made from teak and African blackwood. I started carving the scroll design in the handle and it's going very well, I've only stabbed myself once YAY! Please take note that factory sharpened tools aren't always as sharp as they need to be, and the unexperienced craftsmen it may seem satisfactory but they need a finer sharpening because blunt tools are more dangerous than sharp ones. By that I mean when tools are factory sharpened they just now sharp enough and it require the user to apply more pressure increasing risk of grievous bodily harm. So please test your wood working tool before hand carving, Sharpen and strop and get to shaving sharp; TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF!

No comments: