Saturday, March 16, 2013

Practice sheath


                                                      Casing my piece of leather

                                                        Molding it while it's damp





                                                     Stitching using a lock stitch


Over all I am happy with the actual stitching and the aluminum eyelet, the colour however turned out to shocking. I thought it would be a nice idea but evidently I was clearly wrong, I don't think I'll be doing that again in a hurry. I used an old table spoon as my bone folder, that was what I used to make the the crisp line close to the knife to give it shape. I used screws to tack the leather down, because as the leather dries it shrinks fractionally. The screws help to hold it in a flat position

No comments: